Pages

Thursday 28 February 2019

Athletics

In P.E we have been working on improving our skills at the different events for athletics. I chose to try to improve my high jump and sprinting.

Image result for high jump scissorHigh Jump: For high jump, I've improved by being able to jump higher. I practiced by seeing how high I can jump while scissor jumping over an 'imaginary' bar. I then tried it over a real bar and gradually I was able to jump higher and higher.

Even though I still can't jump the really high bar I'm still proud that I can jump higher than I could before.


Image result for 400 metre run
Sprints: I've improved in sprinting because I could run more distance than I could when I was year 9. One of my P.E teachers helped us improve by helping us run the 400metre track twice. Even though we had a 1 minute rest it still helped me improve because without his help I would stop multiple times for more than 1 minute.

He also helped me improve by teaching us ways we could take longer steps while running. It was kind of like leaping by doing so while running.

I'm still not able to become first or second but I will improve using the techniques I have been taught.

I'm proud that I have improved on at least these 2 events for athletics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.