Pages

Friday 2 June 2017

Business through Gaming

What are we learning?

We are learning to produce a product for Sale, to run a profitable business and to explain the roles that business and enterprise has within society. 

What games did you play?

For business and enterprise we were able to play games to expand our understanding of running a business. 

The games we were able to play were, Trading Around the World, Gumption and Small Business Game.

What did you enjoy/not enjoy about them?

For Trading Around the World, I enjoyed how you can ask for a discount and if someone is buying from you, you can ask for a certain amount of money. I think the rules and instructions for this game were easy to obey.


For me I enjoyed Gumption the most because we were able to play with other people (e.g group of friends, classmates). The rules were easy to understand and the instructions were easy to obey. Something I didn't like about it was that other people can take your resources, and they can send you to court. 





The Small Business Game was something I didn't enjoy the most because I couldn't really understand the rules/instructions. So I couldn't really figured out how to play. Something I enjoyed about it was that you felt like you were really running a business. 

What challenges did you face in each game?

The challenge I faced in Trading Around the World, was that if the things you sell ran out you couldn't sell anything anymore and you wouldn't be able to get money. 


For Gumption, the challenge I faced was that I was about to run out of money. Almost running out of money wasn't fun.








For the Small Business Game the challenge I faced was I was not able to play it properly because I couldn't understand the rules/instructions. 

What have you learnt about running businesses and trade?

I learnt that running a business is really difficult, cause you have to take care of a lot of things like taxes, staffs, salary and a lot more. Running a business is not like what we thought when we were children. 

What are you wondering?

How hard is it running an online business?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.