Pages

Monday 15 February 2021

Art: Mood Board, Themes & Brainstorm

 Mood board & Brainstorm:


- Up above is a picture of my mood board. My board is based on cityscape/building etc.


-Up above is my brainstorm. It's my brainstorm of what story/stories I want my photos to tell. 

------------

Subject Matter & Kaupapa


(CI) Can you identify these themes or ideas?

- They both show Maori patterns. The bird on the left is positioned making it look it’s dead, whilst the one on the right looks like it falling, almost as if it was shot from the sky.


(CI) Are the themes of each artist different? Why?

- I believe that artists have similar themes to each other. I believe this because their portraits main focus is the person, whilst also having flowers on the background. The only difference I can see is the colour scheme. While one side is darker and is into darker colours, the other side is brighter and of course has brighter colours. 

(CI) Which work expresses the theme of calm conquest over death?

- I believe that the image on the left gives off a calmer vibe. This is because the colours used seem brighter and vibrant, also if we compared it to the image on the right, it also looks less chaotic. 

Which work expresses a painful, suffering death?

- I think that the image on the right expresses a more painful vibe. This is because the colours used are less brighter and there is also a skull on the ground. This image also looks more chaotic than the other one, therefore giving off a messy vibe. 

How does the style, colour, and form express each theme? 

- The colours used on the left image are more vibrant and bright, which gives a style of calmness. While the image on the right is the opposite and looks dull and the people in the image also look more in pain, making the image look chaotic/painful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.