Pages

Friday 5 April 2019

Orphism - Lino Cut

L.O: To understand who Sonia Terk Delaunay is and colour theory through lino printing. Also, to learn about leading lines and focal points.

Techniques That We Have Been Using: 

-Researching what Orphism art and Sonia Terk Delanuay's work
-Researching information about Sonia Terk Delaunay and putting it on our blog
-Creating thumbnail sketches of our own ideas. With colours and notes about each idea
-Transferring our ideas on lino cut plates - two layer plates from one design

My Lino Cut Design:




The lino cut plate on the left side is my background and I will print it first. 

The lines on the plates are my leading lines that lead to my focal point which is the two semi-circles on the right lino cut plate.

The two semi-circles will be the second layer of my lino print and it will stand out most because it ill be bolder and there will be leading lines leading to it.

Before I chose this design I had two other designs, but they didn't work because they had too many shapes which hides the focal point.

Even though I choose that design I still think it has room for improvement. I think I should draw less shapes and stick to 1-3 shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.